Monday, August 6, 2007

This is the first time I have ever had a blog and its sole purpose is so I only have to write 1 letter to everyone. If any of my sisters or my mother try to correct any spelling errors, I will be furious, they all know that I was awful at spelling and grammar. But, here goes...

I have been in Switzerland for a week and a half. The new baby finally made it and is the cutest little thing you have ever seen. So small, and hardly ever cries...hopefully that won't change. I start language lessons next week for German. Unfortunately, I found out that Swiss-German and German, are very different. Swiss-German is not a written language, but everyone speaks it. So, I still won't understand half of what people are saying unless they know to speak German with me. Now, I also have to carry two kinds of currency, the Swiss franc and the euro. Switzerland is not a part of the EU at all! Living only 10 minutes walking from the German border, i need euros anytime I go shopping there. I also found that the Swiss electric outlets, although they use the same voltage as the rest of Europe, have different adapters...thus the handy adapter my friend heather gave me will only work when traveling. The Swiss are so particular about being independent! I have met a lovely Albania woman who I have seemed to get along with very well. She is english speaking, but a little older and in a very different part of life. She just had her first child, and although we have a lot in common, her husband is an actuary, I would like to find where people in there twentys are in this place. The university is still on summer holidays, so maybe they will be back soon. Missing you...

1 comment:

Sarlizgd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.