Thursday, August 30, 2007

This has nothing to do with Switzerland....

I really want people to answer this, and I am not trying to be conceited but I don't get it. In the past 2 years I have had at least 15-20 people come up to me and ask me if I was mixed. Most were perfect strangers, others had known me for weeks and had just assumed that I was. When I am tan...well maybe I get that. But tonight, having forgotten my ipod and my phone so I had nothing to do, I was on the tram...staring out the window. This black guy gets on the bus, I should mention that I have only gotten these remarks from people that were not white, and almost immediately asks me if I am Brazilian, I said no, Italian? No. What are you? I am from the U.S. Your not mixed with anything? No. That is pretty much how the conversation went...he proceeded to hit on me after making snide comments about the U.S. (he was English) and not once asked my name or anything. Normally, I would say that the Pashley bum has something to do with these comments, but I was sitting the entire time with a knee length coat on. Jenna, Ellen, do you get these questions too? I mentioned it to Chris onetime and he was completely shocked that someone would say that.

2 comments:

Bebo said...

hello Anna! So I got ya blog site when lookin on someone else's facebook account and I'm so glad to see that ur still alive and well in Switzerland!!!! Anyway just had to comment on this to let u know that it is the hair. I know u have no one to braid it 4 u over there but it's definitely the hair lol

Kathi said...

Anna, It is definitly the hair. Your grammy tried to make mine an afro in high school, Didnt happen. It could be worse though We could have inherited Bannys bald gene.

Kathi