Sunday, September 23, 2007

Change of Plans

I get two weeks off in October. Originally my friend Erica and I were planning on going to Paris for a few days when she also has a week off. So, yesterday we went to the Train station to figure out if they had any packaged train and hotel deals. We found out that the Rugby championships are being played in Paris that week ontop of it being the October holidays and everything was booked. The only train tickets left were 270 ch, normally 32 ch, and the hotel for 3 nights was going to cost 750 ch per person. Total without food, museums, etc. over 1000 ch. That is 2 months salary for both of us. So we had to change our plans. We found cheap airline tickets online and a hotel that will only be 85 ch per person for 2 nights. Where...Nice, France. We are going to the beach. I am actually more excited about this than Paris. Now we don't have to worry about seeing all of the sights in just a few days. We can go to the beach, see the south of France (maybe by bike) which is suppose to be beautiful, and only spend 200 ch per person for the entire trip. That makes me really excited. Plus instead of spending 3 hours on a train both ways, we will spend like 1 hour in a plane both ways. I can't wait. So, when I get battaries for my camera I will have some great pictures of south France in the late summer.

1 comment:

--jenna said...

Nice...ahhh...that's where the beach is smooth rocks (be prepared! They got hot in the sun!) and where I skinny-dipped for the first time at night in foreign waters.

You'll love it. And the food is good.

Happy travels, sister!