Sunday, September 30, 2007




This weekend I took a trip to the mountains with some people from my small group. It started out raining, we almost missed the train, had 6 people who tried to squeeze into a European economy size car that sat 5, and it was COLD. The house that we stayed in was amazing. It was a typical Swiss farmhouse, half barn half living space, but it had been redone on the inside. The kitchen was very modern with electric oven, stove, dishwasher, etc. but they left the old wood burning stoves too. The house was huge (I will have pictures on facebook soon). So, that night we had devotions, had a dinner of tomato and mozzarella salad, got a fire going, and went to bed. That morning we woke up to the sun and...bells. There was a field of sheep just outside our window and they all had bells on...I guess to find them if they get lost. It was so fun. Then we had a huge breakfast and headed out to hike through some of the mountains. It was gorgeous, the hills and valleys hiding little villages. Again, pictures will be on facebook. On the way back home, we drove to the highest mountain in the area, it was a terrifying car ride up the winding gravel roads, but it was amazing at the top. Just in the distance you could see the real Alps. Snow covered tops and all. It was picture perfect. That is the first time I have seen the Alps, I wish I could have gotten pictures, but no one was able to capture them on the camera b/c of the lighting. Take my word, it was gorgeous. Now it is just me. I have this week to do whatever I want, then next week I am off to Nice with my friend Erica. I am already relaxing without anything to do.

No comments: